What is Microcneedling?
A cosmetic procedure that involves pricking the skin with tiny sterilized needles. The small wounds cause your body to stimulate the growth of collagen and elastin which helps to fill fine lines, improve acne scars, smooth out large pores, and brighten the skin. The result is a fresher-looking you with plumper, smoother, and more youthful-looking skin. You might also hear it called collagen induction therapy.
What are the benefits of Microneedling?
- Diminish fine lines and wrinkles.
- Correct uneven texture and color tone.
- Minimize the stretch mark.
- Remove Acne scars.
- Remove Traumatic and surgical scars.
- Firm and tighten loose skin.
Who shouldn't do Microneedling?
- Scleroderma, collagen or vascular diseases and cardiac abnormalities.
- Blood clotting conditions.
- Active bacterial or fungal infections.
- Not recommend for women who are pregnant or nursing.
You may have heard about the latest skincare trend, the vampire facial, made famous by reality TV stars. The actual procedure is way less scary than it sounds, and it's available to more than just celebrities. The vampire facial, also known as microneedling with PRP, is a cosmetic procedure that involves drawing blood from your arm, separating platelets and applying them back onto your face. This procedure has many benefits, including younger looking skin, and is only gaining in popularity.